As you all probably know that PanGu only Supports windows till this date and there is no alternative of Mac to jailbreak your iDevice running iOS 8 or iOS 8.1. The way I figured out doing this is running a virtual machine on your Mac to jailbreak iOS 8.1. This process can be a little tricky for some people like me so I thought to share the whole process with you guys that only have Macs and not Windows.
Here I will tell you the legit way to run virtual machine on your Mac. You will have to buy all the software legally to make sure you have no troubles or errors during the jailbreak however there are some ways where you can get pirated softwares for free which I will not be showing.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1 on Mac using PanGu
I used Parallels for Mac to run Windows 8.1 and I purchased these for about $200. Follow the instructions bellow to run a virtual machine with Windows on your Mac and How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1 on Mac using PanGu.
- Start by going to Parallels site and purchasing and downloading the software.
- Install Parallels on your Mac.
- Purchase the copy of Windows 8.1 and install it on your virtual machine. Installation instructions can be found in a video here.
- By using the web browser on your newly installed Windows in Parallels, download iTunes and PanGu from here.
- You can find the instructions on How to jailbreak iOS8.1 here. Follow these to successfully jailbreak your device on your Mac.
Turn off TouchID, Passcode and Find My iPhone off before jail-breaking. If you run into reboot loop, consider this article iOS 8 Jailbreak reboot-loop: Explain and Fix here for troubleshooting. You can un-jailbreak your device anytime by simply restoring it with iTunes.