Exciting news is out for about some time but I have not been able to cover it because of my traveling schedules. iOS 8.1 has been jail-broken and as well as iOS 8.0.2 and 8.0. Now this Applies to every Apple iDevice (iPhone 6 and 6 Plus too) that can run iOS 8. No one was ready or expecting this jailbreak and this came out like a christmas present.
In this article I will give you a step by step guide on How To Jailbreak iOS 8.1 or iOS 8 running on any iDevice. This will also install Cydia. Now you should keep in mind that Cydia is not fully compatible with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, it is blurry and most of the packages inside are just not compatible with the new hardware.
The new jailbreak is called PanGu and yes it is the same that released jailbreak for iOS 7.1 also. You can download PanGu for Windows here and it is not compatible with Mac yet but there will be an update rolling out soon. Before jail-breaking your device, I recommend you to update your device to iOS 8.1 if you have not done already and also update iTunes on your computer to make sure you do not run into any trouble during the process of jailbreak.
How To Jailbreak iOS 8.1
Follow this super-simple step by step guide to jailbreak. Make sure to disable TouchID or lock-screen pass code if you have it enabled. Also backup your device prior to jail-breaking it to make sure you have your backed up to iTunes or iCloud in case something goes wrong. Most of the time, it won’t.
- Download PanGu for Windows and put the .exe file on your desktop.
- Plug your device into your Windows computer.
- Right click on the Pangu8_v1.1.0.exe file and click on “Run As Administrator”.
- Uncheck the ‘PP’ icon at the lower left corner and click on the Blue button to jailbreak iOS 8. The button maybe grey for some and you can still press it and it will work just fine.
- Sit back and relax while your device reboots several times. Be patient.
- After everything is finished, launch the PanGu jailbreak application.
- Simply click on ‘Install Cydia’ and respring when prompted.
- If you get into any errors, just reboot your device and you will have Cydia on your device.
Done! You have successfully jail-broken your device. If you do not find jailbreak useful or want to revert back or un-jailbreak it. Restore your device via iTunes and then restore the backup you made earlier from either iTunes or iCloud. If you have any questions regarding How To Jailbreak iOS 8.1, leave them in comments down bellow.